Thursday 16 October 2014

Spotlight on LM Glow: Part 1

The UK hosiery brand LM Glow recently launched a unique style of Tall Comfort Tights, which is starting to attract interest.



We were pleased to recently interview Charlotte May Harris, the founder of LM Glow. In the first part of a two-part feature, Charlotte tells us more about LM Glow and the Tall Comfort Tights.

Can you provide Hosiery For Men readers with some background to LM Glow? Why did you start the business and how has it developed?

I’m 5’11” and I started LM Glow because I was sick of ill-fitting, uncomfortable tights. I’ve spent years worrying about how to subtly pull up my tights before they end up around my ankles, having gussets cut into my mid-thighs, and stressing about whether my feet smell in my tights. In 2013 I finally decided to do something about it.

Nearly a year on, the Tall Comfort Tights are available to purchase in black. Specifically designed for heights between 5’8” and 6’3” and containing Bamboo Charcoal which helps reduce the effects of clammy and sweaty feet, they are for tall women and men who want to give their legs and feet an easy ride through life.



In a crowded hosiery retailing market what is unique about LM Glow?

LM Glow is completely focused on delivering comfortable tights for taller people.

Although the hosiery retailing market might seem to be crowded, I know as a tall person that I’ve found it hard to find tights that I’m happy with and the aim of LM Glow is to provide tights that are comfortable, long-lasting and meet the demands of your life, whatever they may be. If you’re struggling to find tights on the High Street, then LM Glow is looking to help you.

Can you tell us more about the LM Glow Tall Comfort Tights?

The tights are opaque black and are ideal for anyone who spends hours every day on their feet. Although, as previously mentioned, the tights are aimed at heights 5’8” to 6’6”, they have fitted heights from 5’2” to 6’6”. With 20% spandex content they mould to the body thus ending the curse of mid-thigh gussets whilst providing some support to the hips and thighs. This is further aided by a broad waistband.

Incorporating bamboo charcoal, a wicking material, the tights also provide odourless relief to the effects of clammy feet, allowing the wearer to get on and make the most of their day.



Do you have any male customers and have they provided any feedback on the Tall Comfort Tights?

I don’t currently have any male customers but men have modelled the tights and found them to be really comfortable. One, in particular, was very impressed about the feel of the tights and the fact that they fitted him even though he is 6’6”.


Tall Comfort Tights modelled by a man.


Stay tuned for Part 2 of our interview with Charlotte.

3 comments:

  1. I've just ordered a pair of these tights! I'm am a 6 foot 2 male and find it really difficult to find tights large enough. I'm really looking forward to trying these on.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm 6'5" and Wolford and Falke in XL work fine. They are not in the same price category as these though, so I'm curious to know the quality these would provide??

    ReplyDelete
  3. A review will be published soon Anon.

    ReplyDelete