Sunday 16 September 2012

Reviewed: Charnos 10 Denier Run Resist Tights

Stockings Direct very kindly sent me a sample of the Charnos 10 Denier Run Resist Tights to test and review.



Materials and features

The Charnos 10 Denier Run Resist Tights are part of a new range from Charnos that uses a new technology that makes hosiery products run resist. Charnos explain that:

'Charnos Run Resist is a genuine breakthrough technology that limits laddering so you can continue to look your best all day. Unlike usual hosiery, snags and catches turn into holes.'

The tights are made with 'a brand new yarn technology which bonds to give incredible strength and stop little holes turning into ladders.'

These tights come nicely packaged in an attractive high quality card packet. Inside the tights are folded around a rectangular card and enclosed in a plastic sleeve.




The Charnos 10 Denier Run Resist Tights are made from 78% Nylon, 21% Elastane and 1% Cotton. The fabric feels extremely soft and smooth.

The tights have 10 denier sheer legs with a mainly matt appearance. Seams are conventional but well-constructed. Toes are reinforced.

The brief is boxer style and is made of a slightly heavier fabric. There is a cotton lined gusset. The waistband is 3cm wide.

These tights certainly feel very strong and hard-wearing, much more so than one would expect for a 10 denier style. I would imagine that they would be quite long lasting if looked after carefully.




Fit and sizing

The Charnos 10 Denier Run Resist Tights are available in Small, Medium, Large and X-Large.

I tested a pair in Large - a size I chose for my height and because the Large size in Charnos hosiery usually fits me pretty well, for example the Charnos 60 Denier Opaque Tights.




As one can see from the sizing information these tights should fit up to 6'0" (I am 5"10").

However, in this style the sizing was definitely on the small side. I found it quite hard to get them on comfortably and there really wasn't a great deal of stretch. The brief was also quite low rise and I didn't feel there was really enough room for me there.

Colour range

The Charnos 10 Denier Run Resist Tights are available in four colours:
  • Black
  • Barely Black
  • Natural Tan
  • Nude
I tested a pair in the Natural Tan shade.

Price and availability

Stockings Direct sell these tights for a very reasonable £4.75.

Conclusion
These tights certainly feel soft as well as quite robust. They would work well as a light additional layer under trousers. Yet in this case the sizing just didn't work out for me and the Large size was simply too small. I think the X-Large size would provide more width but probably not the height I need. 

However if you are smaller than me then these tights might be a good choice, particularly for their run resist qualities.

No comments:

Post a Comment